Not having a nice complete smile can have a big impact on your self-esteem and general sense of well-being. Tooth decay, gum disease, and other issues can cause you to lose your teeth, leaving you with an incomplete smile. If this happens, a visit to a Denture Clinic can turn out to be one of the most important step in getting the smile you truly deserve! Dentures/ Denture or Fixed Dental bridges on Dental implants can be some of the solutions your Denturist can provide to replace missing teeth and fully restore your smile:
Dentures are a removable dental appliance that replaces missing teeth. They’re usually made of acrylic, and they fit over your gums. Dentures can be full or partial, depending on how many teeth you’re missing. Keep your dentures in top condition and let your smile shine by following these tips:
Clean your dentures daily
- This is the most important step when it comes to making sure your dentures look and feel great. Use a denture brush and denture cleaner to carefully brush your dentures. Be sure to rinse them thoroughly with water before putting them back in your mouth.
Soak your dentures overnight
- Make sure to take your dentures out at night (unless otherwise suggested). You can soak them in a denture cleaning solution. This will help to keep them clean and free of bacteria and plaque.
Visit your denturist regularly
- The denturist can check your dentures for any potential problems and make sure that they continue to fit properly.
Handle your dentures with care
- Make sure to handle your dentures carefully and always place them on a soft surface. This will help to prevent them from getting damaged or broken.
Dental implants are a more permanent solution for missing teeth. They use titanium posts that are surgically implanted into your jawbone. Once the implants have healed, artificial teeth are attached to them to create teeth that look and function more of less like a natural tooth. Here’s how you can ensure your dental implants continue to look and feel great:
Brush and Floss Regularly
- Just like natural teeth, dental implants require regular brushing and flossing to stay clean and healthy. Brush around your dental implants at least twice a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush and floss at least once a day to remove plaque and food particles.
Visit Your Denturist Regularly
- Regular checkups are important for maintaining your dental implants. During these visits, your denturist can check for signs of infection, damage, or wear and tear.
Avoid Chewing on Very Hard Objects
- Chewing on hard objects like ice, or hard candy can damage your dental implants and associated prosthesis and can even lead to infection and Implant failure. Avoid these hard objects and stick to softer, healthier food items.
If you are not happy with the state of your smile, denturists have the right solutions to help you restore the smile you deserve! Contact our friendly and knowledgeable team at South Calgary Denture today for a complimentary consultation to get an idea of what kinds of procedures might be right for you.